View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Interesting but old. There is no way the 1150 has 15 font sizes. If you really want to know about font sizes see the table on my 1150 page. Image capability is missing from the comparison. Seems to be shaded a bit toward the 1150. Many 1100 owners swear by their units as being better than the 1150.

Dale
Yes, a tad old, and maybe forgotten, on their website.

I like the 1100 screen better; something about the interaction of the monochrome font with the backlit LCD screen.

And speaking of fonts, how I liked 'Verdana Bold 8pt' and 'Verdana 12pt' for the small and large print choices.

The GUI is better on the 1150 (same as the REB 1200)! I hated looking up long titles (like 'Author - Series - Title') on the 1100 as there was no way to scroll across, so you were left guessing which ebook you were selecting. And no folders/categories to sort them by!

The HTML (v3.2) support is stronger on the 1150 (and 1200) and that's why I migrated up! However, the 1150 is really cramped for internal memory/space. Per a recent email exchange with Garth Conboy of ETI, I learned that the 1150's 4MB RAM shares code and data whereas the 1200 8MB RAM is all for data. That explained why some very large projects I made would work on the 1200 but would exhaust an internal resource (heap memory) on the 1150 and would then re-boot it! Urrghh!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote