View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I don't see that in this example. I haven't actually tried it, but wouldn't matching, in this case, start at "<p class="calibre4"><b class="calibre2">Generated by..." and finish with the closing "</p>"? In which case, no book text would be removed?
I know nothing about regex and I am glad you are attempting this primer for those of us without any idea what a regex is.

As I see it in your example above, a brief review makes it look like you are saying to start your regex with <p class="calibre4"> and end with </p> without being much more specific this will include many other paragraphs of text as well.

Looking forward to the finished primer.