View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
Many books by Thomas B. Costain, very popular novelist of the 50's, several about War of the Roses but the names escape me... He was a very good writer though even though I don't remember. My grandmother had a few of his and they were great reading. Probably started my love of real historical fiction. That and Classics Illustrated.

OK. That jump-started my brain. Costain wrote The Black Rose.

Excellent book, I read it when I was a kid - encouraged to do so by my dad.

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, The Black Arrow. I don't remember reading that one, but it's also set in the WotR.

[Edit: More 's. Looking back at my first post, I see I did say The Black Arrow, but I was actually thinking about The Black Rose when I wrote it. Is that clear now?]

Last edited by HamsterRage; 07-26-2010 at 02:50 PM.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote