View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Well, I guess if the book I'm working on needs fixing, I'll know where to come to get help. I did try the Open Office epub export extension and it made a huge mess, so I was going to turn to maybe Kindle Writer for $40 when I finish everything (it does kindle and epub).
Don't buy Kindle Writer. It's a waste of money. Amazon wants eBooks uploaded as ePub (they convert) or you to use Kindlegen to make your eBooks. The solution is to make an ePub. Even if your ePub from OO isn't as you intended, as long as the styles (italics, bold, etc) are there and the words are not messed up, take the resulting ePub into Sigil and have a go fixing it. You can make both an NCX ToC and an HTML list ToC. Also, if there is no complex formatting, it's very easy to make it look good. This ePub is then your source for ePub, KF8, and Mobi.

Quote:
Since we are on the topic, I am creating an automatic TOC in Open Office, this requires the use of some formatting, that being Header 1 for chapters, header 2 for sub-chapter entries, and header 3 for sub-sub-chapter entries. What are the chances this formatting will make it out of OO and into any ebook authoring software with a minimum of correction?
Sigil does it better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote