Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #399
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
... And I suppose it's sort of an ironic comment on the German grammar to write everything lowercase in English, isn't it?:rofl:
ha, i suppose so. wasn't this a trend at some point in Germany in the 90s though? to forgo uppercase nouns? maybe you could bring back the trend... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Ah, and your example shows a guillemet, showing its peak to the left; that's indeed the French way to use them at the beginning of a direct speech (like a wrap). Here, it's more common to use (and I do it) a right-showing guillemet for the opening of a direct speech. So I have to replace it, I suppose?
ah ok, yes, just swap it out for »

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It was probably assumed (given the subforum this is taking place in) that you were using Sigil's regex S&R feature.
yep.
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote