View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #248
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have a few more entries in mine for the advanced font settings (and double font size since I'm blind as a bat and it lets me read without reading glasses ):

Code:
[Reading]
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
readingAlignment=justify
readingFontSharpness\Georgia=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87>L\xcc\xcd)
readingFontSize=40
readingFontWeight\Georgia=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87?L\xcc\xcd)
readingLeftMargin=2
readingLineHeight=1.3
readingRightMargin=2
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=50
I'm going to have to try the 1.225 for line-height and see if there's any difference. Even a bit less space between lines would be good.

Edit: I just opened mine up on the reader itself and those lines for the font sharpness and weight will be there for every font style that you've set. I was checking which font won't display <em> or even <i> correctly and set them as I checked them so I wouldn't have to bother again if I ever wanted to use them, so mine is much longer now with that info.

Had I realized that before, I could have changed the file instead setting them all by hand.

And I'm going to try setting it for my added fonts that don't have an advanced button and see if that works.

Edit: Changing the line-height to 1.225 actually did work. It gave me one extra line of text per page, so I know it's made a difference. It's a shame it doesn't allow you to go lower than that, but even 1.225 is an improvement over 1.3. Thanks for mentioning that, davidfor.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 05-15-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote