View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #146
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Dumb question, but one I THOUGHT would be handled in this review:

Can you "sideload" actual - books - that have not been infected with Adobe DRM? At that point in the review where I thought he would say something about it, the author points out all the wonderful options for books: Overdrive, B&N DRM, Adobe DRM, a newfangled 3M Library DRM... but I'm not yet seeing that dropping DRM-free books on the HD filesystem will work like it did on the Nook Color.
If it is allowed on the older tablets (and it is) there is no reason to assume it won't be on the HD line. For one thing, they've moved *away* from the old partitioning scheme that reserved the bulk of onboard storage for commercial content.

But yes, an explicit mention that you *can* sideload content even if you can't sideload apps would be reassuring. Maybe the next review to pop up...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote