View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #179
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
D... Give this a try instead...

In Calibre, goto Preferences, and then look for Metadata plugboards in the Import/Export section.

Then Add new plugboard
Code:
Format: ePub
Device: Kobo
Source Template: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Destination Field: title
What this does is automatically retitle a book as is it transferred to the Kobo based on the Series, the number of the book in the series, and the title of the book.

The series name is "shortened" so that Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams, book 3 in the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy appears on my Kobo as THGttG - 03 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Books without a series info do not get massaged.

This way, when I sort books by Title on the Kobo, all books in the series appear together.
Thank you, this is the 1 thing I have left to figure out [sort my series on my Kobo]! I did as you suggested but nothing changed in Calibre. I'm guessing I need to delete the series books that I already have in Calibre [and on my Kobo] and re-add them for this to work? And it will then work when I add any new series from now on?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote