View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't think this is all that complicated. Savory is a K2 app for automatically converting ePub and PDF to MOBI on the K2 (see also Savory - a native ebook conversion package for the Kindle 2). Savory is about as complicated as a Kindle hack is likely to get, but patching the web browser sounds simple:
Quote:
How does Savory work?
Plain-english version

Savory installs a small program which runs on your Kindle and watches for new files in the 'Documents' directory with names ending in '.epub' and '.pdf'. When the system notifies Savory that a document has shown up, it wakes up and runs an open-source file conversion program called Calibre. Savory also updates your Kindle2's browser configuration file to tell it that the Kindle can now handle .pdf and .epub documents.
I have not been following Savory (because I have a K1) but it seems to have done all the hard work required to allow the KDX (say) download PDF and ePub files and probably other filetypes too. Independent of SugarSync support, just adding PDF support to the KDX's web browser would be a major advance in functionality.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote