View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
What we can do with an e-ink reader

What We Can Do With A Reader

I recently had reserves about calling our new E-Ink babies ˝E-Book reader˝. I had fears that calling them this way would limit their usage and marketing depth only to novels or books, which is only 30% of what I plan to do with mine. I would really like to see it come to market as the powerful working tool it really is. As suggested by NatCh, we should call It ˝Reader˝. It's simple and to the point, even if it's name is generic of any decoding device. Now to help it's case we should delve into it's capacities and imagine what else this newborn baby can do. It can display text , show grayscale pictures and play music . That's all for now. The first things I would like to see for it is writing software and the use of a foldable keyboard.(note that this might not be possible because of the "manual" refresh rateor other reason)

OK. I'll start a list of kinds of texts it can read, and when you find something else it can do, copy the whole list, paste it in a reply and add your newly thought task. We shall build this list, reply after reply, until we find every kind of work text worthy of this baby's capacities. When this list is ready and as complete as possible, I would like to see it posted on the MR Wiki so it can help stimulate developers into creating more functions for this wonderful tool...
I've got tons of ideas but I left them out yet so everybody can participate.

Books and novels (obviously)
Shop manuals
School books
Shematics
News
Music sheets
Dictionnaries
Listen to audiobooks

Who's next?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote