View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #427
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like you used the "Update metadata in device library" function. That will copy the current metadata from the library to the database on the device. It use the raw data, not the plugboard version. Changing that is buried somewhere on my TODO list.

Deleting and adding the books again will fix it. But, the "Update metadata in device library" function only changes the database, not the actual. Logging off from the device and logging in again will reload the metadata from the books on the device into the database. What you could do is:

- Take a backup of the database in case you don't like the results.
- If you are reading any purchased kepubs, do a sync to make sure the current status is on the server.
- Use the utilities store function to store the reading status for the sideloaded books.
- Log out on the device.
- Log back in on the device.
- All the sideloaded books will added to the library and any purchased books downloaded.
- Check that the titles are what you want.
- When you connect to calibre, the shelves should be repopulated.
- Use the utilities restore function to restore the reading status for the sideloaded books.

If you don't like the result, restore the backup to the device and it will be back where you started.

I did something like the above over the weekend. I was doing some testing and corrupted the database. Of course, if I had backed up the database first, it would have been easy.
Interesting. I was wondering what could have happened to the plugboard data.

Still it is a useful functionality in some cases perhaps. I always have my author sort in the plugboard and have had on occasion a hell of a time matching things up.

I'd like to see an automatic database backup, just on the off chance that things go wrong. I wouldn't care if I had hundreds of backups.

Still love the kobo utilities even if I seldom use my Kobos.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote