View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #1081
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
20+ hour bus journey through rural country side with spotty cell connection and barely working 2G connections
See, I got into trouble earlier in this thread for saying this, but when making my recommendations of Dropbox/SugarSync, my assumption is that folks asking for recommendations operate under what might today be called "standard circumstances" (at least for the "first world"). I believe it's safe to assume that most iPad owners don't routinely, on a day-to-day basis engage in "20+ hour bus journeys through rural countrysides with spotty connections" -- that strikes me more as an exception than the rule for the present day, I'd say. Of course, under such extraordinary circumstances, standard advice doesn't always apply.

I definitely understand what you're saying, though: whenever I travel long-distance myself, I trust neither my iPad, and certainly not my iPhone -- their battery life just can't handle such long distances. So, in addition to my iPad and iPhone, I always take a hardware Kindle device along, to be absolutely guaranteed I have something to read even if something unforeseen happens during the journey. (And I did unexpectedly get stuck in Hungarian countryside for hours, without any Internet access, when I was travelling to Romania last October.)

Last edited by Faterson; 03-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.