View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Yes, I spent many years in IT. I'm quite familiar with a broad swathe of MS products. To clarify, let me quote my previous post: "Microsoft has *tried* many other things. It has made money at *none* of them."
I must respectfully disagree. Many of Microsoft's corporate products, such as SQL Server, Exchange Server, Sharepoint Server, Commerce Server, etc, are leaders in their fields. A very high proportion of the largest companies in the world run their e-mail systems on Exchange Server, their databases on SQL Server, and their information systems on Sharepoint.

These products may not be familiar to the "man in the street", but they are highly commercially successful products.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote