View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Must Have Apps for Kindle Fire

Yes I think we need a big thread to share apps that work with the Kindle Fire and help some of us who are lost at what to use.

Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch by friedflow - Toggle WiFi on/off by touching app icon or in the Notifications bar so you can toggle from any app.

Lock Screen App by Kenneth Cheng (i-Kenneth.com)
Lock your Fire with the touch of a icon. also available in Amazon's app store for $1.99. Market has paid and free version. I use the free one do to placement of Lock button being hard to get to when it's sitting in my stand.

Screen Dim by Omega Centauri Software - Better then screen filter and works great! If you do alot of night reading then you need this app to make the screen dimmer so you don't burn your eyeballs. Also available at the official Market and can be sideloaded.

Mantano - A rich feature epub eReader app. There is free version and a paid one. The difference is one has ads and the other doesn't. Mantano has many options to customize your reader experience. It also has collections to keep your books nice and organize. It's well worth the price.

GSam Battery Monitor - This is the Kindle Fire edition and made strictly for the Fire. The other version is free but it's not as accurate. This app will put the battery percentage in the notification area. It has many more features like predicting how much battery is left. Now has low battery alarm! You can set it to the percentage to notify you when the battery is low. Mine is set to 35%

Aldiko - Another epub eReader that many use. One unique feature this has that Mantano doesn't is that you can download overdrive library books directly into the app.

Overdrive Media Console - This app lets you download library ebooks and library MP3 audiobooks directly from your library's overdrive site. The Fire will not play wma audiobooks.

Please see this thread for alternative markets to find your apps.

If you know of a compatible tested Amazon app store apps please list them as it will help those who don't have access to the Market. Other non app store apps welcome too.

Please do not add links to blogs with lists of apps. I made this thread to find apps that you have personal experience with and can't do without.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote