View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Of course if he says you have to have an android device, then he can tell his students to get the book anywhere.
This is backwards thinking.
If the point is to have open standards for ebooks, why on earth would you want to force a particular hardware platform? What is gained by saying 'you have to buy an Android device' rather than saying 'you have to buy a device capable of reading format X with DRM scheme Y'?

Quote:
Also I'm seeing his point. While eBook reading technology isn't new, neither is the Android or iPad if you look at their guts. What is new is the prolivication of cheap Android devices, and it will only get more accessible. And the support for applications that read a specific DRM. Before these apps did exist but few people read on them.
I feel like I'm in a parallel universe
So what's new isn't the iPad, and the reading apps available for it?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote