View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #53
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
I do, but it is a dirty hack. As is getting standard Epubs on a Kindle.

You can almost always buy a paper book.

If there are really only DRM ebooks and no paper books available and they don't want to publish a DRM-free version, tell them that they just lost money.

You know that "removing the DRM" is a violation of Amazon's Terms of Use and that "Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement" and "Amazon may immediately revoke your access to the Kindle Store and the Kindle Content without refund of any fees"?
I don't like reading pbooks, and pbooks are always more expensive for me with overseas shipping charges -- no matter which one I choose.

Sorry, I won't stick it to myself and not read a book just because it has DRM . I agree that DRM is a sick dog that should be put to sleep. But this is not the way. I would not buy if I couldn't remove DRM, but since I can I grudgingly accept the status quo and move on.

Should Amazon ever close my account and remove my access (the probability of that being only slightly greater than that I will be abducted by aliens) I will just take my business elsewhere and I have my backups. Sorry, I won't lose much sleep over this. My guess is that you tremble for weeks every time after you discovered you have been going 51 in a 50 mile speed limit zone?

And Amazon will use such drastic measures only as a last resort. Anything else would be stupid, especially losing a customer like me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote