View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Although I have no objections to buying a book before I read it, I do object to paying for it before *anyone* has read it, or before it's even written.

I've been burned too many times by authors I like (e.g. Stephen King or Orson Scott Card) to give this a whirl.

Maybe when I was younger and more trusting.

As far as cushioning writers from hard knocks - nah. It's hard knocks that make a good writer. Stephen King was a much better writer when he still remembered what it was like to work in a laundry.

I'll be watching to see if this works, but I pretty much doubt it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote