Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can usually bang my head against something long enough to figure it out, but I'm giving up and looking for help...

I'm looking for an expression that will locate span tags (of a specific class) that enclose more than one word. Let's just say the span class is "italics".

So I'm looking for an expression that will find:
Code:
<span class="italics">This is three words</span>
or:
Code:
<span class="italics">This is a great big bunch of words, maybe even a whole dang paragraph</span>
but not:
Code:
<span class="italics">one</span>
I know I'm probably missing something obvious and am going to feel like a complete idiot when I see the answer. I don't even really care what, exactly, gets gets highlighted, as I won't be using it to replace anything... only to manually eyeball the occurrence.
Keyword Quantifier
Code:
<span class="italics">(\w+){2,}</span>
2 or more
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote