View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #20
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Something that might be added to the Hints and Tips.
Book Designer does not save the working file to the Last File Folder until BD is shutdown. ....
Hope this might help someone.
Thanks for this, I get paranoid about whether my work is being saved or not, since the timestamp on the file doesn't update.

As a BD newbie I would recommend :
a) The very first thing to do in BD is learn how to save your work, and that BD is behaving as you expect in this respect. I lost several hours work assuming that clicking the Save icon, or pressing Ctrl+F11, was preserving it - when I restarted BD I'd lost it all (if I'd known what Crutledge knew I might have recovered it ). On another occasion, I couldn't reopen a saved file, and BD wouldn't then run properly - it seemed to have been corrupted somehow, so I had to reinstall it. Sorting these things out asap can save a lot of heartache.

b) In Settings, select the - "show "file not saved" warning" - option; it's a useful safeguard.

HarryT's tutorial suggests turning off AutoRefresh in Element Browser - personally, I've found it easier to leave it on.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote