View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I write non-fiction and part of my credibility comes from what I did for a living. The first book was a how-to for criminal investigators and my last a memoir –thus I really couldn't publish under a pen name. But I do appreciate living anonymously –note I post using a nickname. Recently I was asked to talk about my last book in front of the local Rotary Club and I passed. And that might sound crazy to other authors but I live in a small town of 3,000 and I'd rather live here as "me". Had the offer come from outa town, I would have jumped on it.

Make any sense?
Very few of us are "Brad Pitts" or "George Zimmermans" so our needs for privacy and anonymity aren't extreme though they can still be strong.

I find that not being a part of the discussion about "me" lets me have objectivity as well as a certain tranquility. Likewise anonymity shields your lax faux pas incidents from your paying customers.

Lastly (tongue in cheek of course) there might be the opportunity to run for office some day and we must be sure that we have not left any embarrassing moments laying about in our history that some scurrilous reporter might find.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote