View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #142
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quotes from Dorothy Dunnett's The Lymond Chronicles

From The Disorderly Knights, Francis Crawford, visiting Kate Sommerville unexpectedly at Flaw Valleys while she is bottling raspberries and has stains on her gown:

“Kate, my dear? Haven’t your raspberries been marvellous this year? Come and be licked; I haven’t dined yet.”

And at the end of that same scene, in Kate’s head in response to the exhausted Lymond’s request for somewhere to sleep:

“My dear, my dear, I would give you my soul in a blackberry pie; and a knife to cut it with.”

Opening lines to a couple of Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles books:

“On the day that his grannie was killed by the English, Sir William Scott the Younger of Buccleuch was at Melrose Abbey, marrying his aunt.” (From Disorderly Knights)

Not to every young girl is it given to enter the harem of the Sultan of Turkey and return to her homeland a virgin.” (From Ringed Castle)

From Queens’ Play, this captures the intended idea perfectly:

“Quarrelling with the Prince of Barrow was like fighting a curtain.”

Last edited by wayspooled; 06-23-2010 at 11:16 PM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote