View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
I registered online at:
http://libwww.freelibrary.org/register/getcard1.cfm

Library Cards
A Free Library card is available at no cost to anyone who lives, works, pays taxes, or goes to school in the City of Philadelphia. In addition, anyone who is 65 or older or who has a valid card with an Access PA sticker from another Pennsylvania library can obtain a Free Library card without charge. Out-of-state residents can obtain a card by paying an annual fee of $15.00.

Cards should arrive in the mail in 5-10 business days. Keep in mind that you’ll need to show ID the first time you use your card.

The last part is, I suppose, for checking out physical material.

For those not in Philadelphia, or without an "Access PA" library card, it seems that you can pay only a $15.00 fee.

I checked with some of the other library web pages from around the country. Many state that the "out of area" fee is equal to the county property tax that residents pay. Sounds fine with me.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote