View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Is it possible to connect to my Calibre server over the internet or in home over my network with either the default software or by installing a third party app? I'm considering buying a DRS-800 and I'd like to make use of that functionality.
Officially, the 3G network capability is only authorized for use with the built in eBookMall sites. There is language in the ToS that says you're not supposed to use it for 3rd party apps or other unauthorized sites. The reason for that is the bandwidth charges from Verizon are built into the eBookMall purchases.

Will Verizon or iRex actually cut off your 3G connectivity for unauthorized uses... I don't know. In theory they could.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote