View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
After further thought... it doesn't surprise me that kindegen/KDP doesn't care about the ePub being valid or not (mimetype compression). It tries its best to convert everything you throw at it after all. So like you initially suggested, it probably has something to do with the compression algorithms. But judging how everything seems to work just fine EXCEPT the embedded fonts, it would seem KDP might be sensitive to how the font files themselves are compressed inside the ePub, and very little else. I wish I was set up to submit to KDP so I could experiment a bit, but I'm not. Unless locally built MOBIs that are then subsequently submitted to KDP exhibit the same behavior?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote