View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
SkookumPete
Enthusiast
SkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle
Thank you, Jellby, that is some good information and of course good advice about the quote marks. Mistakes are easily found in proofreading and can be corrected by hard-coding the character or entity. Look out for missing spaces as a cause of errors.

Interesting. The way <p align="poetry"> ends up, at least in the previewer, is ragged right. Could this be an easy way to defeat justification?

I doubt I will have much time to experiment with other converters, but I would be curious to know whether some of them get more or less out of the Kindle rendering engine. So far I'm very pleased with all sorts of things about Calibre, but there may be HTML or CSS that others handle better. I just don't know.

JSWolf, I feel like the guy who is tinkering with his Ford in the driveway, and his neighbor comes over and says, "You shoulda bought a Chev," and expects to be thanked for the advice. It wasn't in any way my intention to point out "problems" with Kindle rendering. I just suggested ways in which e-book makers can make their text more distinctive and attractive by using the capabilities that are there.

Last edited by SkookumPete; 08-12-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: more info
SkookumPete is offline   Reply With Quote