View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #671
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
My one concern for the 11.6" ones is the screen. It's reported that they've moved from the current matte one (which I really like) to a more glossy one.

Graham
I just read it was a matte screen still. Also brighter.

I stand corrected. From Liliputing

"The 1366 x 728 resolution is par for the course with this size display in this price range and the brightness is nothing to complain about. I would just personally like to see the fancier specs in the smaller size for those of us who prefer the nice balance 11.6-inch models offer between compactness and screen real estate.

Speaking of the screens, both are glossy. They have anti-glare coatings that work all right under fluorescent office/class lighting. The viewing angles are wide enough that you’re not confined to a narrow sweet spot while still not being quite as wide as I would like or as wide as you’d get with a matte display."

More from Liliputing

Last edited by frahse; 04-27-2014 at 04:00 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote