View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
First thing is where she is going to get her books from. You say that
Quote:
I doubt she would use wifi and an onboard store
so does that mean you will be making all the purchases/downloads and loading them onto her device? Since you already have a couple of Sonys, I would lean towards sticking with epub readers - that way you can just use your account and authorise another device. I think the Sonys have a very intuitive interface once the books are loaded, but I haven't spent very much time with the others. I'm not sure whether a touch interface is a good idea for a non-tech savvy user either.

If she is likely to want to make her own purchases, the Kindle is widely considered the simplest to use. If she wants to borrow library books, go with an epub reader. I believe that even with wi-fi or 3g library books still have to be sideloaded, so she will at least have to learn how to do that, or have someone do it for her. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote