Thread: Howdy All!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
HPOliver
HPOliver began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Red face Howdy All!

It seems I’ll be wearing two hats on this forum. No, I don’t have two heads. I am, however, both an avid reader and a writer of mysteries.

While most of the time I spend under my “reader” hat involves research for various projects, I love a good mystery. From Raymond Chandler to Michael Connelly, a good whodunit will grab me every time. I particularly enjoy period or historical mysteries, especially when the author steps away from the plot long enough to show me around the period and the locations. To my way of thinking, painting clear and colorful pictures with words is among the highest forms of the writing craft.

I first put on my “writer” hat while earning a degree in journalism, and I’ve spent the thirty-some years since learning the ropes while writing and producing entertainment and informational media (TV, film, video, and so on). Not too long ago I noticed I wasn’t showing signs of getting younger, so I decided it was high time to begin doing more of what I really love, and that is writing mysteries. To that end, I published my first e-mystery earlier this month. For more about what goes on under my “writer” hat, I invite you to visit my website at www.hpoliver.com.

Looking forward to fun on the forum!
H.P.
HPOliver is offline   Reply With Quote