View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
John123
Connoisseur
John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Samsung Note, Kindle, hudl2
Page break and TOC entries

Hi All,

I'm not really sure of this question or even how to frame it adequately so I'll outline the problem.

I am using InDesign, Sigil and Calibre.

I have typeset a book with footnotes, InDesign can export this well into epub and puts in all the footnote references and back-references and they work.

Unfortunately, InDesign exports it all into one .xhtml file (I know the problem with older ereaders and filesize limitations), the split file option doesn't seem to work.

In the CSS style sheet the p class Chapter Number has as one of its entries:

{
break-before:page;
}

But in ADE, KindlePreviewer and Calibre the Chapter Number doesn't start a new page.

I would need to use Sigil to break up the document but then the footnotes would all have to be edited to add the xhtml filenames to get the references to function.

Also, how do I get Sigil to recognise TOC entries from the p class Chapter Number?

So, I think I have two queries a) Page breaks at chapter number and; b) Sigil TOC from CSS style sheet.

Many thanks,

John.
John123 is offline   Reply With Quote