View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Addition to a Kindle-Only Family

OK - I love my Kindles. I have K1 & K2 & DX - and read primarily on the DX.
No complaints.

But - with the looming publisher wars, exclusivity deals, geographical restrictions, price wars - you name it - I am planning to acquire a device to buy epub & other formats not supported by Amazon. Yes I know I can strip DRM & convert formats, etc. - but I have a limited amount of time and want to spend it reading, not entangled in python scripts.

So: what device would give me everything I love in the Kindle, but support other formats? I'm inclined to wait for the irex 800 to FINALLY apppear at Best Buy, but I'm open to other suggestions.

What I love about Kindle:
1. Whispernet - not being tied to a PC.
2. Large screen on DX.
3. Multiple font sizes that are easy to change in a few keystrokes.
4. Non-glare EInk screen (very important for my old tired eyes).

Which ereader(s) should I really consider? Or wait for?

P.S. I am NOT interested in a iPad, or any LCD screen device.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote