View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
HarryT, you tend to bring me back to earth.

Nate, I can't resist and I am eading the thread you started about the Viewsonic.
It seems great, but can it somehow chalange my Cybook, even in specific circunstances?
Probably not.
Hell, still want to buy one...
Well, the Mobipocket Reader 4.8 I'm using has better annotation capabilities. I can create links from one part of an ebook to another. I can edit an ebook as well as add notes to the ebook (with the on screen keyboard). Bookmarking is also better in that I can name the bookmark. And then there is the simple fact that with a larger screen, more text is displayed (faster, too).

You might also consider the many things the Airpanel can do that the Cybook can't: games, note taking, PIM, Powerpoint, spreadsheet, MSWord, and many more. One thing I forgot to mention over in the other thread is that I can use the Airpanel to listen to internet radio and watch Youtube. The latter isn't very good becuase of the CPU, but it does work.

And then there is the PDF ability. I'm slowly working through all the scanned image PDFs I've accumulated over the years. It's one of the best PDF reading devices I've ever encountered, and that includes laptops and desktop PCs. The Airpanel has the advantage here becuase it is big enough to be useful, and it has a case that was designed to place the screen at the most comfortable viewing angles. This is the case you should have with your ebook reader. Unfortunately, no one makes one.

P.S. Your location says Portugal, so you might have trouble getting one shipped. I have a spare I can send to you at cost.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote