View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I was just going to ask about the metadata, as I just did a trial conversion to Mobi of one of my own books, from htm--using the Calibre GUI. When I changed the metadata in the Calibre library, the change did not show up when I then opened the file in Mobi Reader desktop. Does Calibre only change the metadata in the actual ebook file when sending to a device? (That wouldn't help me with mobi files, which I need to send to my PDA via other means. Much less mobi files that I would put up for other people.)

Is there a way to force the metadata change into the book file? I've been touting Calibre to people as a great way to edit metadata, but now I'm confused.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote