View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think you're overreacting.

"The God Delusion" is a recent bestselling book. The paperback has been out for over a year now, but is still in the Amazon top 300. The Kindle version is currently in the top 200 Kindle titles. When the selections were being made for sample for the Sony Reader, I suspect it was much higher in the lists.

It seems reasonable that Sony would arrange to get a selection samples of recent best selling books from publishers on their device. I really doubt that they have any religious agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith View Post
I recently bought a new Sony 505, which is my first e-book reader. The reader came preloaded with numerous book excerpts, but one actually really surprised and disappointed me.

It was "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. Now this book is not an unbiased or fair and balanced assessment of people of faith. It is an insulting, vitriolic and hateful attack upon them. People are free to choose whatever they wish to read and to purchase. But I am pretty outraged that of all the books they could have included excerpts of--this intolerant and disrespectful book was one of the few that was chosen.

Does anyone else feel that it was disrespectful for Sony to do this?