Thread: PRS-T2 vs T1
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Frescard
Enthusiast
Frescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with othersFrescard plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Good time to buy a T1?

I just wanted to start a similar thread, asking whether, at this point, it'd be better to go with a T1 or a T2, but I guess that discussion would fit just as well into this one.

I currently don't have a reader (well, I have a Nook, but that will be returned).
I tried the Kobo, and I liked its form-factor, but the page changing was too erratic.
So I got the Nook, figuring the side buttons would be more reliable, but found them to be pretty useless, as the soft-spots are too small, and they require WAY too much pressure. So—now, with the justification for the wide bezel gone, I miss the slimness of the Kobo.
Which leaves the Sony as my last option...

With most retailers switching to the T2 sooner or later, I'm sure there will be good deals available for the T1 pretty soon.
So—is there any reason for a new buyer to wait for the T2, when you can get the T1 for significantly less? (Battery life is not an issue, as I will never be away from a power source for more than a few weeks, and I'm somewhat partial to the audio capability, as I don't have any other MP3-player, and might use it for the occasional audio book).

The buttons on the T2 seem a bit gimmicky, and I wonder if they work as well as the old ones. And is the screen quality noticeably better, or is it just a very marginal upgrade?
Frescard is offline   Reply With Quote