View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #12991
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just finished reading Longeye, by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. This is the second half of the Duainfey duology that is completely outside their Liaden Universe series. A pure fantasy, I found the first book of the pair frankly disturbing and unpleasant, but compelling. I avoided reading the second, even though I'd bought it, but after several people suggested that the second book was less disturbing, I finally got around to reading it. I must say, I enjoyed the Longeye, and was glad to have read it. But would NOT recommend the series to others because of the overtly abusive sexual content in the first book. Life is just too short to waste it reading domination, rape and abuse scenes, no matter if it is a favourite author pair.

Last edited by CRussel; 04-23-2012 at 03:57 PM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote