View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Thanks ! i'm glad you like it !
I have them all in Plucker format, converted from the PG AU HTML, so I don't need the IMP files or Harry's worthy contributions. But it's good to see someone actively trying to support a less used reader.

Quote:
thanks for the info also, i will definitely look into BD ! especially since i find eBook Publisher rather... hmm... complex. Plus i love a good tutorial.
BD has it's own quirks. It basically exports source files as HTML and gives you a WYSIWYG means of doing markup without having to know HTML.

But it does some diddling of the HTML it generates in ways I'd rather it didn't, like forcing justification on everything. You have to go in with a text editor and do a search-and-replace on the HTML files after you've marked up in BD to neuter that before building the book. (Mobipocker Reader, at least, makes justification an option in the reader -- no need to force it in the text.)

Quote:
I did see that HarryT has already made sony versions of these books actually but i don't want to ask him for his source files because part of the interest of these projects (for me) is learning how to use the formatting software, so for now i'd rather start more or less at the beginning. of course, i will probably be very happy to get shortcuts later on !
I just thought it might make the conversion of the other Philo Vance books to IMP a bit easier, but I understand your position.

I'm a fan of well crafted books, and have some paper editions I treasure. I'm delighted to see people attempting to bring a similar level of craftsmanship to electronic editions, within the limits imposed by the technology.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote