View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Van Dine, S.S.: The Bishop Murder Case v1.0 2008-02-02

This is the text from Project Gutenberg Australia. I have included :
- page header with the title / author,
- clickable TOC,
- and the illustrations. Where necessary, i rotated them to landscape mode to increase the display size, and since there are several rather detailed maps I have added a numbered legend where the original text is illegible : once on the image (it felt a little like blasphemy, but now you can read it better...) and on one VERY detailed map i added numbers to the image with a legend in the body of the text after the illustration.

I aligned the text to the left with a ragged right margin, since i don't like justified text unless i can manage the kerning and with reflowable text this isn't possible.

This is my first ever (successful) conversion so please let me know if you find any problems !

Summary From Wikepedia :
The Bishop Murder Case (1928), was S. S. Van Dine's fourth mystery novel. In this book, Philo Vance, Van Dine's popular detective character, solves a mystery built around a nursery rhyme. The Bishop Murder Case seems to be not only the first nursery-rhyme mystery book, but the first of any sort of mystery novel constructed around a formal scheme.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-14-2008 at 09:58 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote