View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What's wrong with my dad's kobo?

Grrrr. This is why I told stepmom to buy him a Libre

Anyway, received the following email from my dad:

I appear to be having some problems with Kobo. I can't open the icon - it says there is an application error and it won't open. If I go to the Kobo web site and try to access my account (do I even have an account?) I get "no such account" with all three of my possible emails. The ereader itself seems to be working okay although it suddenly froze on me today. When I upgraded the software, per their website, it appears to have moved all the books on file into the recycle bin - is that because their format changed? Anyway, very confusing. What do you suggest?

Ummmm...I *suggest* that Kobo dispense with this ridiculous 'I'm reading etc.' file system and just let people drag and drop files like every other device I own, but this won't help my dad He has not yet ventured beyond Project Gutenberg and the 100 freebies but I think I did set up an account for him when I set the kobo up for him. Advice?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote