View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #14
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
That is an awesome job! I've been trying to figure out how to get an old 600 bracket to hold a 650. can you elaborate on getting that to work?
Haven't done it myself but cuttting the spine out then trimming the middle to shorten should work . . . but you're likely to run into problems.

The plastic used in the spines is resistant to most adhesives. This means you'll have a hard time attaching it to the cover. You've also just broken the structural integrity of the spine (won't glue well to itself). Not saying it can't be done, just be prepared.

On top of this, the plastic spines tend to break at the bend -- shame to loose all that work from a broken piece of flimsy plastic.

Solutions like Ardjan's, wayIman's and mine involve fabricating your own bracket, and the refined ideas don't require high material costs or a lot of equipment to implement. In the end, you'll have a better quality spine and a nice project you can be proud of!
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote