View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #91
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Or maybe I am finally getting why Apple lovers are a bit defensive.
I know what you mean. I never expected to see that level of it over an ereader, but that was before I got one.

I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing. I chose the one that met my needs, period. It was not an easy decision. I used the same selection process with mp3 players, and ended up with an iPod Classic. (But then, I didn't buy an mp3 player until DRM was mostly a non-issue; I didn't want to wait that long to get an ereader.

Yes, I do see some Kindle owners glossing over the limitations, and it bothers me, and it also bothers me when non-Kindle owners overstate the limitations. Most people, however, simply are letting people know that they aren't completely stuck if they are willing to do what it takes to get unstuck. It's about options. I'm all for letting people know what ALL of their options are, no matter which device they choose or end up with.

The act of reading has never really been a technologically challenging area until recently. It helps to remember that when assisting new users. It makes sense that people might not have a grasp on limitations, formats, etc because I imagine people new to the game didn't expect reading to be this darn complicated.

I think I went off topic but I'm running a fever. It's to be expected.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote