View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #209
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I'm shocked at what I perceive to be the immorality of people getting around georestrictions. The poll is showing a large majority of people would do something to get around the restriction.
I'll give you an example. It's not eBook related, but has some geopolitical stuff in...

It may be somehow to understand that underdeveloped countries may have a better price (lower), as a compensation for their small incomes, and to make a good faith. Of course, this can only be accepted if the price elsewhere is the correct one, just eg in India is smaller. Not if the price in India is the right price and elsewhere is bigger.

Many people know that in Europe the cars are expensive. In general everything that comes from outside has a greater price than elsewhere.

However, a Mercedes sold in the States is in absolute numbers way, way cheaper than in Germany, its manufacturer. Sometimes even 10 times. Adding to this the €:$ ratio, the balance increases.
A few middle managers from Daimler have been fired solely for this reason: they reimported the cars - executive cars for less money than a Golf. IIRC it was during the short merge with Chrysler.

This example tried to point to the artificiality of geozoning. Nothing changed since the first cities on Earth. Protectionism is the name.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote