View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Hi mrmikel;

Vertical centering is not so difficult as it seems. Try this code:

Code:
div#container {
   display: table;
   width: 500px;
   height: 700px;
   margin: 0 auto;
   padding: 18px;
   border: 5px solid red; /* Only to see the "table" */
}

div#content {
   display: table-cell;
   width: 100%;
   height: 100%;
   vertical-align: middle;
   font-size: 1.0em;
   text-align: left; /* for poetry */
   padding: 0 36px; /* not neccesary, just to see the text better */
   border: 5px solid black; /* Only to see the vertical align */
}
The "border" properties are not neccesary; I just included them in order that the centering it shows better. In order that the font-size doesn't affect the centering, margins and paddings (if any) must be in PIXELS.

The output is something like the following picture (from my K4NT):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1368923758

The key is to use two "divs", one as "table" and the other as a "table-cell". After that, you can use the property "vertical-align" that makes all the work
I use this technique quit a bit and it seems to work in sigil, Marvin, and Firefox epubreader...but I haven't checked ADE, Nook, or Mobi...does it work there too?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote