Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #41
Boruteczko
Boruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I doubt that the developers have any say in the issue. Management dictates what gets done, and they only care about the bottom line. If that bottom line says track users reading habits, profile them, then sell more books ... well, that's exactly what they're going to do. Your privacy is your issue after all, not theirs. If you're worried about your privacy, you shouldn't have bought the product (or you should disable those features).
Ok, management then - no difference in the end for us.
As far as I can recall, when I bought it there was no such "feature".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Only that there was not tracking and advertising on my Touch when I bought it and that there is no build-in way to disable this "features"... And we were not asked if we consented ni being tracked, either...
Well, I'm second and I second that.

Last edited by Boruteczko; 07-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Boruteczko is offline   Reply With Quote