View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #13
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You might mention that all ereaders are not created equal and that perfectly acceptable epubs will not display the same in all of them.
My experience is limited to my Sony PRS-505, so I can't compare how the look of ePubs varies from device to device. I did mention that each device has its own fonts, that some devices don't support font-embedding and that some devices do not display empty paragraphs, though.

Quote:
In Sigil, it is important when cutting and pasting to observe the results. The results using the keyboard are NOT the same as using the menus in Windows. The keyboard (Control X, Control C, Control V) results are more as one would expect. This is the fault of the underlying software and not Sigil's fault. But one can lose whole sentences and introduce new faults if one is not observant.
That's why I recommend using Code View instead of Book View for editing. In the current version of the tutorial, there's a whole page devoted to what happens when one uses Book View to edit and why it should be avoided.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote