View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I own Sony reader. I have flown with it 12 times here in Europe. No problem. I was even using in for reading on board.
You are allowed to bring a laptop, camera, pda, gameboy, fancy watch, calculator, mobile phone on board. So why not bookreader? You will claim it is a pda. And pda is on the list of allowed items (see link in the next paragraph)
I usually keep my Sony reader in a flat tin box(**) in the pocket of my notebook carrying case. You have to remove the notebook from the case. I was never asked to remove the Reader. I was not even asked to open a metallic box I use for protection of Reader.

I was looking at the TSA site
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm
when I asked my friend to bring a Sony Reader for me.
She was allowed to take it on board. No questions asked.

Disclaimer:
I do not know how stupid the regulations are in the USA *at the moment*.
USA usually manages to exceed my expectations regarding the stupidity of laws, rules, patents, regulations ...

(**) I have purchased a set of thread cutting taps and dies in the Lidl chain market here in Europe for cca $10. It came in a nice sturdy metallic container perfect for carrying the Reader.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote