View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I do have Kindle for PC, so I don't know if it works for anything else. It spit out a file with the output filename I specified, but as for actually decrypting it, I have no idea, since it still won't open in anything except Kindle for PC, which seems kind of useless. Like I said, I had forgotten it was going to be a two step process, first liberating, and then figuring out how to convert the liberated file. It is progress, though!!

I am confused about one thing though...topaz files in Kindle for PC (and Kindle for iPhone and iPod, as I understand it), use the file extension .prc. Once decrypted from Topaz, shouldn't you be able to run mobidedrm on it, the same as you would a mobi/prc Kindle file? (I did try this, but for some reason I'm getting a "mobidedrm is not recognized as an internal or external command" when I try it.)
No. Because it all has to do with the format of the file and how it's organized etc. like the difference in epub vs mobi vs eReader vs topaz. They all have their own layout and specifications.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote