Thread: In the Vault
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #16
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It'll start to lose capacity right from day 1.
Tangible capacity loss right from charge cycle number 1? Maybe in the most technical sense, yes. But from a practical point of view, you shouldn't notice any real capacity loss until you get several hundred cycles in. Unless the battery was manufactured improperly.

50% capacity on your iPhone after 4 1/2 years sounds about right. My old laptop that I recently retired hit about 4 1/2 years and then nose dived to only being able to hold around 25% capacity. For the first 3 1/2 years it kept an over 98% charge capacity based on my testing with the built-in battery testing utility in Ubuntu. Went downhill from there.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote