View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I have a hard time fathom why this wasn't done at least three years ago.
When you are fired, you don't get a year to leave. So this would seem to be his decision. I presume that he liked his job three years ago and now, not so much.

Quote:
Microsoft got to the top by revolutionizing how computers were used (not by hardware, but by software and how they structured their deal with IBM for DOS) but they grew fat and sloppy just like the corporations they used to criticize.
The Microsoft sales force must have been really PO'd for upper management to be criticizing potential, or actual, customers.

I don't recall that, when I switched from Apple II to PC, it revolutionized how I used my computer. However, it could be that if I played video games, I'd look at it differently.

It did revolutionize how I purchased my computers. Apple II -- purchased used, although I got started by receiving a very generous gift. PC - usually built from parts.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-23-2013 at 09:31 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote