View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
WINDOWS laptops, that is. I've never seen a student with a Mac. I'm sure there must be some, but I think it would perhaps be a mistake not to have a Windows laptop for compatibility reasons. Most university IT departments will only be able to support Windows systems.
Here at Copenhagen University Mac to PC is 50/50.

I would highly recommend a 13" Macbook Air for studies. It is light which is a BIG plus as a student (believe me!), much better to write on than an iPad, and for any fast figure drawing she can use paper, and then later the Macbook. No need at all for a Mabook Pro, and unless you upgrade a MBP to an SSD, then the MBA would be faster in most cases anyway, for her uses.

A tablet or color-fancy-future-ebook in the future when she really starts reading scientific material, if needed. (Couch reading )

Last edited by David Munch; 06-07-2012 at 04:04 PM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote