View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
I know this question is likely not possible, but I thought I'd ask it anyway. I downloaded a lot of books off the Internet lately and prepped them for my new Sony Reader which arrived today. I used the automatic feature of Calibre to fetch metadata. There's just one problem. I now have 4,250 tags! Obviously 99% of them are completely meaningless and worthless. Tags include things like "1200-953 BC" and "gold theft" none of which is useful to me but which was added automatically by Calibre. I'd like to remove all BUT certain specified tags (such as "fiction, nonfiction, science fiction, etc.). I know I can select all books and then edit metadata and select which tags to remove, however I wanted to know if there is a "remove all tags except these" feature. That would make this much more useful.
I'm going to let others tell you how to do what you want. I'm going to just comment that the two books tagged "1200-953 BC" and "gold theft" sound interesting to me! If you look at the books, agree they're interesting, then think you might want to read one six months from now, you may find you'll remember the "gold" tag before the associated title.

I like the multiple tags and keep them. I like browsing the tags and looking at strange tags/books that pique my curiosity. I like the fact that I can search the tags, since I can't search the text in the books.

You might consider doing it the way I do - set up a separate user defined tag field, and put the tags you want in there, while leaving the fetched tags alone.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote